Wholesome and hearty, tasty and flavorful Refried Beans can make the dish! An essential part of a Mexican meal, it is used in a lot of different dishes – Enchiladas, Tacos, 7-Layer Dip, Nachos… only to name a few. Great way to add in the proteins to your diet. Enjoy a great addition to our Mexican Cuisine series.
Canned Refried Beans – 2, 16 oz cans
Oil – 2 tbsp
Onions – 1 medium, chopped
Green Chilies – to taste, finely chopped
Taco Seasoning – 1 tbsp
Water – 1/4 cup or as needed
Salt – to taste
Lemon/Lime juice – to taste
1. In a pan, heat Oil on medium heat.
2. Once hot, add in the Onions and the Green Chilies.
3. Cook till the Onions get a little color.
4. Add in the Taco Seasoning and mix.
5. Add a little Water to avoid the spices from burning and cook.
6. Add in the Beans and mix well.
7. Add in Salt and Lime/Lemon Juice and bring to boil.
8. Once it comes to a boil, take it off the flame and it’s ready to serve.
Check out the ShowMeThecurry YouTube Channel
Connect with us on Social Media:
How to make refried beans using canned pinto beans, easy refried beans recipe, quick and easy mexican food, what goes into seven layer dip, dips and spreads, vegetarian and vegan mexican food ideas.