So there is an easy way to do things and there is a not-so-easy way! Here we show you the easy way to make Kalakand! “Easy” because it has only 2 major ingredients AND ready to eat in under 2 hours and only 1 dish to clean, how can you go wrong with that? Try this mithai recipe for the festivals, holidays or as a hostess gift and you’ll have everyone licking their fingers! With Holi right around the corner and host of other festivals coming up, now is a perfect time to showcase your culinary skills.
Cook Time: 18 min
Prep Time: 5 min
Setting Time: 1 hr
Makes: 20 pcs (approx)
Ricotta Cheese – 15 oz
Condensed Milk – 14 oz
Rose Water – 1/4 – 1/2 tsp (or 2-3 drops of Rose Essence)
Cardamom Powder – 1/4 tsp
Chopped Pistachios – 1/2 tbsp
Chopped almonds – 1/2 tbsp
1. In a microwave safe square or rectangle dish, mix the Ricotta Cheese and the Condensed Milk well.
2. Mash down all the lumps with a help of a whisk.
3. Cook in the microwave for 5 minutes uncovered.
4. Take out and mix well. Make sure that you loosen the edges.
5. Back in the microwave 3 more minutes, uncovered.
6. Take out and mix.
7. Microwave for 2 minutes, covered. Take out and mix.
8. Microwave for 2 minutes,cross covered, take out and mix.
9. Microwave for another 6 minutes, uncovered taking out and stirring every 2 minutes.
10.Once done, mix well.
11. Add in the Powdered Cardamom and Rose Syrup/Rose Essence and mix well again.
12. Press down and flatten the mixture.
13. Sprinkle chopped Pistachios and Almonds on top and press them down to help them stick.
14. Cover and allow to set either in the refrigerator for an hour or on the counter-top for a few hours.
15. Cut into desired shape and serve.