Making your own homemade Fruit Tart is easier than you think. Try this light and delicious recipe for your next get-together. With so many fruits, you can’t feel guilty while indulging in this heavenly dessert.
Puff Pastry Sheet – 1
For the Filling:
Cream Cheese – 6 oz
Sugar – 3 tbsp
Vanilla – 1.5 tsp
For the Topping: (Choice of Fruits)
Strawberries – hulled and halved
Bananas – sliced
Kiwi – sliced
Mandrin Oranges – canned
Pineapples – sliced
Grapes – cut in half
For the Glaze:
Orange Juice – 6 tbsp (For a milder citrus flavor, use 3 Tbsp juice and 3 Tbsp Water)
Sugar – 6 tbsp
Salt – pinch
Water – 2 tbsp
Cornstarch – 2 tsp
Orange Zest – 1/4 tsp
1. Thaw Puff Pastry according to package directions. (Preheat oven to 400F/204C)
2. On a floured surface, roll out one sheet into a thin rectangle (9x13in). With a fork, gently perforate the pastry to prevent it from ballooning up.
2. Bake for 10 -15 minutes until evenly golden brown. Keep aside to cool.
3. For the filling, add Cream Cheese, Sugar and Vanilla in a bowl. Mix until sugar is completely dissolved. Keep aside.
4. For the glaze, add all ingredients (except the Orange Zest) in a pan on medium heat. Whisk constantly until the mixture comes to a boil. Keep whisking for 1-2 minutes until the sauce thickens.
5. Remove from the heat and add in Orange Zest. Keep aside to cool.
6. When everything has cooled, spread the Cream Cheese mixture evenly on the Puff Pastry.
7. Arrange all the fruits so that every piece has a little of each fruit.
8. With a pastry brush, cover the entire tart with the glaze.
9. Chill for 1-2 hours before cutting and serving.
10. Serves approx 8-10