Chocolate Burfi is the perfect little dessert for the holidays, Indian festivals, parties or as a hostess gift! The part we love about this barfi is that it looks like you have worked really hard and spent a lot of time on this item, but no one needs to know the truth! The fantastic presentation and yummy taste…get ready to amaze yourself!
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Setting Time: 2-4 hours
Makes: approx. 30 pcs.
Instant Dry Milk (Milk Powder) – 5 cups (approx 365 gm)
Heavy Whipping Cream – 1 pint / 473 ml
Powdered Sugar – 1.25 cup (approx 150 gm)
Chocolate Chips – 1/2 cup
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – 1 tsp
1. In a deep microwave-safe bowl, mix the following: Instant Dry Milk, Powdered Sugar and Heavy Whipping Cream.
2. Mix very well.
3. Cook in the Microwave for a minute at a time, taking it out every time and mixing it very well.
4. Ours cooked for 8 minutes.
5. Every microwave is different, look for the mixture fluffing and folding in. Keep and eye on it and make sure it does not spill over. Stop cooking once the mixture is folding in.
6. Mix again and pour 3/4th of the mixture onto a greased (or lines with wax paper) baking pan or thali.
7. Spread and level out the mixture.
8. To the balance of the mixture in the bowl, add in the Cocoa Powder and Chocolate Chips while it’s still hot.
9. Mix till all the powder is mixed in and the Chips have melted.
10. Pour the balance of the mixture to form a top layer.
11. If you want to make swirls, use a butter knife and gently bring the white part of the mixture up to form swirls.
12. Allow the Burfi to set and solidify in the refrigerator (min 2 hrs).
13. Cut into desired shape.
14. Store in the refrigerator and serve at room temperature.
Check out the ShowMeThecurry YouTube Channel
Connect with us on Social Media:
How to make chocolate burfi barfi, easy Indian mithai recipes, sweets recipes for diwali, navaratri, holi, ganesh puja, hostess gift ideas, easy dessert recipes for pot lucks, office parties.