Looking for an easy cake recipe that is no bake, so no oven and no eggs! Is this possible? You can please the vegetarians in your life while you enjoy your cool kitchen in the hot summer with this delicious and innovative Biscuit Cake. You will probably have to fight the kids off just because you want it all to yourself. How do we know? Well, we’ve been there and done that! The only thing you need is patience — just enough to make it and allow it to chill before you dig into it. It’s another perfect make ahead cake or dessert option for a party.
Biscuits – 5-7 small pkts (account for broken ones)
Unsalted Butter – 2 tsp
Chocolate Powder – 2 tbsp
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – 1 tsp
Instant Coffee Powder – 1.5 tsp (optional)
Cornstarch – 2 tbsp
Sugar – 2 tbsp
Milk – 2+1 cups
Chopped Walnuts – 1/4 cup
1. Mix the Cornstarch with 1/2 cup of milk (from the 2 cups).
2. In a heavy-bottomed pan on low flame, add in the balance of the 2 cups of Milk.
3. Add in the Chocolate Powder, Cocoa Powder, Sugar and Butter.
4. Bring the Milk to a boil.
5. Add in Instant Coffee Powder and allow it to mix in well.
6. Add in the diluted Cornstarch.
7. Stir constantly, once the mixture starts thickening, take it off the flame.
8. Keep stirring to make sure it is a smooth with no major lumps. Use a whisk or a hand blender if needed.
9. Set aside and allow it to cool down to room temperature.
10.Now for the assembly of the cake, open the packets of biscuits and take out the broken ones.
11.Take the biscuit and give it a quick dip in the Milk (1 cup) and start layering on the platter.
12.Lay out the 1st layer of biscuit and then spread some syrup/sauce over it.
13.Alternate with a layer of Biscuits and Sauce…till you reach a desired height.
14.Cover the top most layer with the balance of the Syrup and some on the sides.
15. Sprinkle with chopped Walnuts and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
16. Slice like you would for a cake and serve.
1. Buy a few extra biscuit packets…they taste yummy and you will end up eating a lot more than you think.
2. We have tried a lot of different kinds of biscuits…Parle G workout best. They are available at any Indian Grocery store.
3. The moment you see the sauce thicken, take it off the flame and keep stirring.
4. Have patience and let the syrup get to room temperature…otherwise the biscuits will end up being soggy.
5. If you like thicker syrup, add another 1/2 tbsp of Cornstarch.
6. The layering needs some careful handiwork…do it slowly and don’t be in a rush.
7.You can sprinkle the top with coconut powder, sprinkles, assorted dry fruits and/or chocolate syrup.
Check out the ShowMeThecurry YouTube Channel
Connect with us on Social Media:
How to make a cake without baking, cake recipes without eggs, easy make ahead dessert options, cakes that kids can make, no egg cakes