Looking for an easy, no-frills recipe that is simply delicious? Try this Dum Kebab recipe, our version of Indian meatloaf. The beauty of this versatile recipe — mix all the ingredients and bake! Cut it into small pieces and serve with a toothpick for a no-fuss, make ahead appetizer. Cut it into larger pieces and use it as a stuffing in pita bread for a filling lunch. So many possibilities!
Prep Time: 10 mins
Bake Time: 1 hour plus 10 mins rest time
Lean Ground Beef – 1 lb (1/2 kg)
Yogurt – 2/3 cup
Eggs – 2, beaten
Ginger/Garlic Paste – 1 Tbsp
Green Chilies – to taste, finely chopped
Garam Masala – 1 Tbsp
Meat Tenderizer – 1/4 tsp
Red Chili Powder – 1 tsp
Fried Onions – 1/2 cup
Salt – 1 tsp or to taste
Cilantro (Coriander) – 10 sprigs, finely chopped
Lime/Lemon Juice – for garnishing
Spray Cooking Oil – to coat pan
Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C).
1. In a bowl, add Beef, Yogurt and Eggs. Mix well with hands.
2. Add remaining ingredients except Lime/Lemon Juice and mix well.
3. Coat a pie dish or baking pan with spray cooking oil.
4. Add mixture to the pan and flatten it out (evenly).
5. Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes.
6. Remove cover and bake additional 20 minutes.
7. Remove pan from oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before cutting to desired size pieces.