Broccoli Quiche is packed with a lot of goodness, all the way from calcium to protein to fiber. Unlike a lot of stuff that’s good for you, this Broccoli Quiche recipe tastes great as well. Great for brunches or lunches or just a quick snack, do not underestimate this wonderful dish.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 60min
Serves: 4 – 6
Broccoli – 10 to 12 oz, chopped
Oil – 2 tsp
Eggs – 8 large (2 cups)
Shredded Cheese – 1/2 cup (cheddar or jack)
Green Chillies – to taste, finely chopped
Cottage Cheese – 1/2 cup
Salt – to taste
Black Pepper – 1/4 tsp
Green Onions – 1 stalk, chopped
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F(approx 180 degrees C)
2. In a medium size pan, add in the Oil and heat on medium heat.
3. Once hot, add in the Onions and allow them to get translucent.
4. Meanwhile, lightly coat a 9″ pie dish with some cooking oil.
5. Once the Onions are done, add in the Green Chillies, Spring Onions and Broccoli.
6. Cook for about 3 minutes, till the Broccoli is about half the way cooked.
7. Transfer to the pie dish.
8. Break the Eggs in a mixing bowl and add in Salt and Pepper to tast.
9. Add in the Shredded and Cottage Cheese and mix well.
10. Pour this mixture in the pie dish over the Broccoli.
11. Bake for 45-50 minutes.
12. The best way to tell is to see if the edges have left the side and the top is golden.
13. Once out of the oven, allow it to rest for about 5-7 minutes and then slice and serve.
1. Add in other vegetables like Cauliflower, carrots, Spinach etc for a change.
2. Drip a little bit of egg mixture on a hot pan and allow it to cook, then taste to check salt and pepper.
3. Serve with Ketchup, Chutney, Salsa or Tabasco.