For Mother’s Day, treat Mom (or yourself) to something light, fluffy and sweet. This easy to make Strawberry Cheesecake Parfait is just the right amount of sweetness and packed with flavor. Happy Mother’s Day to all the lovely mothers out there who selflessly look after their families.
Ingredients: Makes 12 2oz parfaits
Graham Crackers – 3 large pieces (should yield 3/4 cup of crumbs)
Butter – 3 Tbsp, melted
Sugar – 1 Tbsp
Strawberries – 1/2 lb, chopped
Sugar – 1/2 Tbsp
Cream Cheese – 8 oz, softened
Sour Cream – 1/3 cup
Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
Powdered Sugar – 1/2 cup
Whipped Cream – 1 1/2 cup
1. Place Graham Crackers in a food processor and pulse to make crumbs.
2. Add melted Butter and 1 Tbsp Sugar and pulse again to combine. Keep aside.
3. Mix 1/2 Tbsp Sugar with chopped Strawberries and keep aside.
4. In a bowl, combine softened Cream Cheese, Sour Cream and Vanilla.
5. Mix in Powdered Sugar and mix until no lumps are present.
6. Fold in Whipped Cream.
7. To assemble parfaits, layer a small amount of Graham Cracker crumbs at the bottom of a parfait cup or mini shot glass. Press down to form a crust.
8. Using a pastry bag or zipper bag, pipe in cream cheese mixture half way up the glass.
9. Add a layer of Strawberries.
10. Finish with an additional layer of Cream Cheese mixture.
11. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours to set.
12. Garnish with spray whipped cream if desired and serve.