Cookies are enjoyed by kids and kids-at-heart. These gorgeous Eggless Double Chocolate Cookies will make you do a double-take and grab some double-helpings. Make a big batch, bake some for now and freeze some dough for later. Since summer holidays are here, get the kids to help out and get some cookie-points with them 🙂
Prep Time: 15 min
Chill Time: 30 min
Bake Time: 20 min
Cooling Time: 15 min
Makes: approx 20-24 cookies
Softened Butter – 10 tbsp
Powdered Sugar – 1/2 cup
All-Purpose Flour – 1 cup
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – 2 tbsp
Baking Powder – 1 tsp
Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
Chocolate Chips – 1/4 – 1/2 cup (optional)
1. Combine the Softened Butter and the Confectioners Sugar and mix till creamy.
2. Add in the Vanilla Extract and mix. Keep aside.
3. In a separate bowl sift the dry ingredients: All-Purpose Flour, Cocoa Powder and Baking Powder and mix.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the Butter mixture a little at a time, mix and incorporate well.
5. For the Double Chocolate Chip Cookies, add in the Chocolate Chips the batter and mix. Otherwise skip this step.
6. Allow the dough to chill the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
6. Pre-heat oven to 300 Degree F/150 degrees C.
7. Line a cookie sheet/pan with foil or parchment paper.
8. Once out of the fridge, roll out approximately lime-size cookie balls and place them about 3″ apart.
9. Decorate with a Chocolate Chip on top if desired.
10. Bake in the heated oven for 20 minutes or until done.
11. Once out of the oven, allow them to cool on the cookie sheet for about 5 minutes and transfer to a cooling rack.
12. Allow them to cool all the way through and store in an airtight container.
1. Make a few cookies and save some dough for later. Freeze the dough for 1 month or refrigerate for 1 week. Defrost and bake.
2. To omit the chocolate, replace the Cocoa Powder with additional All-Purpose Flour.