Spinach Paranthas are absolutely delicious and a clever way to get kids (or fussy husbands) to eat their greens! Try this recipe for Spinach Paranthas with Potatoes in Creamy Yogurt Sauce or simply with yogurt. It’s a treat!
Whole Wheat Flour (Atta) – 1 ½ cups
Oil – 1 tbsp
Spinach – ½ cup (frozen, washed)
Garlic – 2 cloves
Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
Red Chili Powder – ¼ tsp (to taste)
Cumin Powder – ¼ tsp
Salt – 1 tsp (to taste)
Yogurt – ¼ cup
Oil – for cooking
- Mix Flour and Oil well and keep aside.
- In a blender, add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Add Spinach mixture to the Flour and form a soft dough.
- A little dry flour may be added if the dough is too soft or sticky.
- Drizzle a few drops of oil on the dough to coat. Cover and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Form golf ball size balls and roll out into tortilla shape discs.
- Cook paranthas on medium heat on a flat griddle (tava) on one side.
- When bubbles appear, flip parantha to the other side.
- Wait 30 seconds, smear a little oil on the top, flip back to the first side and press down with a spatula.
- Smear oil again and keep pressing and flipping until the parantha appears fully cooked and dough is no longer visible.
- Makes approx. 9 paranthas.