Bell Pepper with Peanuts is a simple side dish, yet has the amazing flavors that go well with Chapatis, Rotis or with Rice. A nutritious accompaniment with great color and texture is quick to make. The softness if the Bell Peppers and the almost boiled effect of the Peanuts is a great combination with the sourness of the lime at the end – just mouth-watering! Bell Peppers are also known as Capsicums and in Hindi, they are known as Shimla Mirch.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Bell Pepper (Capsicum) – 3, cubed
Jalapenos – 3, cubed (optional)
Raw Peanuts – 1/2 cup
Oil – 1 tbsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida – 1/8th tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt – to taste
Lime Juice – to taste
1. Heat Oil in a pan on medium-high heat.
2. Add in Cumin Seeds and allow them to sizzle.
3. Add Turmeric Powder and Peanuts.
4. Cook till the Peanuts get a golden color coating (approx 2 min).
5. Add in the Bell Peppers and the Jalapenos.
6. Add in Cumin Powder, Coriander Powder and the Salt. Mix.
7. Cover and cook for about 10-12 minutes. Keep stirring in-between.
8. The Bell-Peppers should be tender, but not mushy and they should be a little caramelized.
9. Turn off the flame and add lots of Lime Juice to taste.
10. Serve hot.
1. Use Roasted peanuts to make the dish a little faster.
2. Add an additional Bell-Pepper instead of the Jalapenos or remove the seeds of the Jalapenos for a milder flavor.