This great pickle is a real tease…by the time you really start relishing the pickle – it’s gone! The cranberry season is so short lived that it makes you feel that life is unfair. Cranberry Pickle is easy and quick enough to make that we can make a batch every week. We mention at the bottom of this post “the hardest part is cutting…”, we change that statement to “the hardest part is keeping the pickle…”
Enjoy Cranberries like you have never before!
…And it’s all Sangita’s fault… 😉
Prep Time: 10 min + 1 day for marination
Shelf Life: 2 weeks (in the refrigerator)
Fresh Cranberry – 12 oz
Jalapenos – 8 oz (approx 6 large)
Carrots – 6 oz
Pickle Masala – 4 tbsp (1/4 cup)
Salt – to taste
Red Chili Powder – to taste
Oil – 4 tbsp (1/4 cup)
1. Wash the Cranberries, Jalapenos & the Carrots and dry them well.
2. Halve the Cranberries, cut the Jalapenos and the Carrots.
3. Mix all the ingredients together and mix well.
4. Adjust the Salt and the spices to taste.
5. Cover and leave on the counter overnight.
6. The next day, mix the pickle well and transfer into a dry bottle or a container and store in the refrigerator.
1. The hardest part of the dish is cutting the vegetables and the fruit, food process them (pulse) separately for a different look!