Taking the Junk out of the junk-food, as Parents and as “grown-ups”, it’s a constant struggle. We want the taste, flavor and the ease minus the unhealthy aspect of it. In this Baked Tandoori Chicken Strips Recipe, we have done just that – under 30 minutes, you can have this on the table, even faster that you can go to Kentucky Fried Chicken or McDonald’s!
Eat right and stay healthy.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Serves: 2-4 hungry small/big kids
Chicken Breasts – 1 lb (approx 1/2 kg)
Salt – to taste
Panko Bread Crumbs – 1 cup (approx
Tandoori Masala – 2 tsp + 1 tsp
Butter – 3 tbsp
1. Wash, clean and cut into strips the Chicken Breast.
2. Pat the Chicken dry with paper towels.
3. Sprinkle with some Salt and Tandoori Masala, rub in the masalas, turn over and repeat.
4. Set aside till ready to bake.
5. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees C/ 218 degrees F.
6. Grease a baking sheet lightly or line with parchment paper.
7. Melt the Butter in a bowl and set aside.
8. Mix Tandoori Masala and Salt to the Panko in a bowl. Divide if needed and set aside.
9. Get an assembly line going – Seasoned Chicken, Melted Butter, Seasoned Panko Bread Crumbs and Prep-ed Baking Sheet.
10. (a)Take the Chicken, (b)dip into the butter, (c)remove excess Butter, (d)coat Chicken with Panko and (e)place on the Baking Sheet.
11. Repeat process till all the Chicken is done.
12. Place the Baking Sheet into the middle of the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
13. Flip and cook for another 10 minutes.
14. Remove from Oven, cut one piece thru the thickest part and if there is no pink, it’s done.
15. Transfer and serve hot with ketchup or chutney.
16. Optional – squeeze some Lime Juice or sprinkle some Chaat Masala.