Gourmet desserts don’t have to be as hard to make as they’ll seem to your guests. Try this easy recipe for Buttered Walnut Mousse that you can make ahead of time and assemble right before your party…it’s finger-licking good!
Walnuts – 1/2 cup
Butter – 1/2 Tbsp
Cream Cheese – 8 oz
Sugar – 2 Tbsp
Brown Sugar – 2 Tbsp
Vanilla – 1/2 tsp
Strong Coffee – few Tbsp (to taste or optional)
Whipped Cream – 1 cup
Puff Pastry Sheets – 1/2 pkg (1 sheet)
Chocolate Sauce – optional for garnishing
1. Thaw Puff Pastry Sheet according to package directions (approx 40 minutes).
2. Cut the sheet on the folds (into 3 pieces) and then cut each 1/3 piece into 4 equal pieces – 12 pieces total
3. On a floured surface, roll out each piece into a square.
4. Lightly grease a muffin pan.
5. Gently poke holes in the pastry with a fork so that it doesn’t balloon up. Place each square into a muffin hole to form a cup.
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 400F/204C for 15-20 minutes (keep a close eye on it…should be golden brown).
7. Remove pastries from the oven and allow them to cool.
8. While the pastries are baking, add Butter to a small skillet and lightly toast the Walnuts on medium heat for 4-5 minutes (do not burn). Allow them to cool and chop into small pieces.
9. In a bowl, add softened Cream Cheese, Sugar, Brown Sugar and mix until the sugar has melted.
10. Add Coffee and Vanilla and mix well.
11. Add Whipped Cream and mix gently (don’t over mix).
12. Fold in chopped Walnuts.
13. Once the pastries have cooled, spoon in a small portion of mousse into the pastry cups. A pastry bag or ziploc bag with a corner snipped can be used to pump the mousse into the cups.
14. Optional, drizzle chocolate sauce over the top and chill until ready to serve.
15. Pastry cups can be filled 1-2 hours before serving but not too far ahead, else they will become soggy.
Check our Website : https://showmethecurry.com/
Check our YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/showmethecurry
Connect with us on Social Media:
How to make homemade mousse, puff pastry dessert recipes, make ahead dessert ideas, buttered pecan dessert, desserts with walnuts, cream cheese mousse, eggless egg less mousse recipe.