Now that you know how to make Whole Wheat Pita Bread at home, why not take it a step further and make homemade pita chips? They are a fantastic accompaniment to hummus and even a fabulous substitution for papdi in papdi chaat. You can make the pita chips with homemade or store bought pita bread. Try this super easy recipe today!
Ingredients: (all ingredients are to taste)
1. Cut Pita Bread into pie shaped wedges and split open each wedge into two pieces.
2. Arrange pita wedges on a baking sheet or foil.
3. Mix Garlic Powder, Salt and Oregano into Olive Oil and mix well.
4. Brush Oil mixture on each pita wedge.
5. Toast pita wedges in a toaster oven (approx 5 minutes) or regular oven until crispy and lightly brown.
Alternate Topping: Cinnamon Powder and Sugar mixed in Olive Oil
0 thoughts on “Pita Chips”
Thank you ladies! I usually just spilt pitta into chips the way you did, and then stick in the pop-up toaster – 90 seconds and no hassle! – but your method allows for flavour to be introduced, can’t wait to give it a go!
tasty recipe ,tried it with a sprinkling of chilli powder.
yummy with a dip.
love your video’s
Hetel and Anuja
regards kamla masala NZ
muchas gracias. vamos a tratar este. (thank you, we will try this)