Submitted by:Bimaldeep Kaur
1 Take boiled potatoes and mash very well,
2. Mix with finely chopped onion, paneer, dhania (cilantro/Coriander leaves), salt, chana masala, keep aside.
3. Take a few drops oil in a pan and in it put rai (mustard Seeds), curry leaves, cover and let it crackle.
4. Mix it in one small bowl dahi (yogurt/curd) with little salt and black pepper powder.
5. Take white bread, cut a round piece out of it in the shape of idli.
6. Take potato mixture and spread nicely on one side covering all the edges and it should be flatter on the ends and fuller in the middle like an idli.
7. Heat tawa (griddle/skillet), and grease it with little drops oil, put the idli- potato side down.
8. Top of the bread, spread the dahi with rai and leaves. spread dahi generously.
9. Cover with a lid and allow it to steam on low flame.
10. Don’t turn the bread.
11. In about 5-6 minutes all the dahi is soaked inside the bread.
12. Serve potato side down with some ketchup or green chutney.
ShowMeTheCurry Notes:Bimaldeep, this is an very interesting recipe and sounds excellent. Will have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing!
0 thoughts on “Bread Idli”
hi ,my suggestion is -dont add on the curd mixture at the beginning otherwise the bread becomes very soggy.Rather let the potatoes take some color & then add the curd mix:0)
Could you please put up the video for this- i am visual learner and also i like to watch you guys cook!