Crispy Seasoned Arbi is a wonderful dish and can be served as a snack or as a side dish with a meal. Spice it up or keep it mild, you’ll still have a winner. Stuff it in a bun and have it as a burger with a bit of chutney and ketchup on it…mmm…endless possibilities.
Arbi (Taro Root)
Red Chili Powder
Amchur (Dry Mango Powder)
1. Wash the Arbi and place in a Pressure Cooker.
2. Pour Water, enough to cover the Arbi.
3. Close the Cooker and allow it to build pressure and whistle 3 times and take it off the flame.
4. Once the pressure has gone, it is safe to open.
5. Take out the Arbi and peel them.
6. While they are still warm, place the Arbi between your plams and press.
7. Flatten the Arbi evenly.
8. On a skillet, heat Oil.
9. Place the Arbi in hot Oil and cook it is a golden color.
10. Flip the Arbi and repeat the process on the other side.
11. Once done, take it out and place it on a paper towel.
12. Sprinkle Salt, Chaat Masala, Amchur & Red Chili Powder to taste on both sides.
13. Serve hot!
1. Buy similar size Arbi so they cook at the same time.
2. Shallow frying the Arbi will make them crispier.
3. Flattening the Arbi while it is still warm is a good idea, once they are cold they will break easily.
4. Flatten ahead of time and cover with plastic wrap and store in the fridge, fry when needed.