Submitted by: Gizzel Dsouza
½ kg. Prawns ( Shelled & de veined)
3 – 4 green chillies
1 cup coconut milk
3 tsp. ginger garlic paste
¼ tsp pepper powder
1 tsp. turmeric
1 tsp cumin powder
Small ball of tamarind
2 tbsp. oil
2 tbsp. chopped coriander leaves
Salt to taste
1.Grind onion and ginger garlic paste along with tamarind and all the dry powders into a fine paste.
2. Heat oil and fry the ground masala well till you get a good aroma.
3. Add prawns and continue frying. Add little water if required.
4. When prawns are half cooked add coconut milk and slit green chillies.
5. Add salt as per taste.
6. Cook covered on slow fire for few minutes till prawns are cooked.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves.
8. Serve hot with steamed white rice or idlis.