Here is a classic example of a dish that can be served up warm or cold, as a salad or as a side dish. The garlic infused Mushrooms broth gives the Couscous a wonderful depth of flavor that is has you craving for more. Easy to make and with the results like this, this recipe is a real keeper.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Serves: 4 (as a side-dish)
Couscous – 1 cup
Baby Bella Mushroom – 8 oz, washed and sliced
Water – 1.5 cups
Salt – 1 tsp or to taste
Lemon/Lime Juice – 1 tbsp plus additional for garnish
Olive oil – 1 tbsp
Garlic – 5 large cloves, minced
Green Chillies – to taste, chopped
1. In a pan, bring the Water to boil.
2. Add in the Salt and Lemon Juice. Mix and dissolve. Switch off the flame.
3. Add in the Mushrooms, mix and cover for 15 min.
4. Once done, remove the Mushrooms from the pan and set aside.
5. Measure the liquid left in the pan. We need 1.5 cups, add additional Water if needed.
6. In a wok-style pan, heat Oil.
7. Add in the Garlic and the Green Chillies and cook for 30 seconds.
8. Add Mushrooms and saute until brown.
9. Add in the Mushroom Broth and allow it to come to a boil.
10. Turn off the flame, add in the Couscous and mix.
11. Cover with a snug lid and let it rest for 10 min.
12. Open, fluff with a fork and add additional fresh lime/lemon juice and give it a final mix.
13. Serve hot or cold.