For all those wonderful people who’d like to make that tempting “Warm Kahlua Dessert” but have some restrictions….make your own Kahlua with or without alcohol and let that not come in the way of enjoying this gorgeous dish!
Water – 1.5 cups
Sugar – 1.5 cups
Instant Coffee – 1/4 cup
Vanilla essence – 1.5 tsp
Vodka – 1 cup (optional)
1. Mix Sugar, Water, Coffee to a boil.
2. Reduce to simmer for about 5-7 minutes.
3. Allow it to cool down to room temperature.
4. Add in Vanilla Essence and Vodka.
1. Vanilla beans give a fantastic flavor…use those if you have available. Boil with Sugar and water in the begining.
2. Store the Kahlua in a bottle.
3. The Sugar/Water/Coffee mixture should be of sticky consistency.