Summer Rolls, most commonly found in Vietnamese cuisine, are a light and healthy alternative to traditional fried spring rolls. Wrapped in rice paper and filled with fresh crisp veggies and herbs, these Summer Rolls are the perfect appetizer or snack. Try this easy “no cooking” recipe with our Peanut Dipping Sauce for your next party!
Ingredients: (All ingredients are approximate — depending on how many rolls you make)
Lettuce – shredded
Cucumber – de-seeded and cut into sticks (English cucumber does not need to be de-seeded)
Cilantro (Coriander Leaves) – chopped
Ripe Mango – thinly sliced
Italian or Thai Basil Leaves – whole
1. Prepare Rice Sticks according to package directions, drain and keep aside.
2. Have all other ingredients chopped and ready. Place damp paper towels on the bottom of a large platter or container.
3. Fill a wide, shallow dish or bowl with very warm water. Place one wrapper in the water for about one minute, or until it is soft and pliable. Remove from the water and spread it out evenly on a dish or other work surface.
4. Take a small portion of all of the prepared ingredients and layer them on the bottom half of the rice paper wrapper. Be careful not to over stuff.
5. Fold the bottom half of the rice paper wrapper over the filling. Hold it firmly in place and fold the sides of the wrapper in. Then, continue rolling the wrapper, pressing firmly down to hold the folds in place. This may take some practice.
6. Place the Summer Roll, with the rice paper seam facing downward, on the damp paper towels in the prepared container.
7. Repeat process for remaining rolls. Each Summer Roll should be placed in the platter so that it does not touch the next roll, else they will stick.
8. Tightly cover platter with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve. Summer Rolls should not be made more than 3-4 hours prior to serving.
Peanut Dipping Sauce
Peanut Butter – 2 Tbsp
Hot Water – 1.5 Tbsp
Ginger – 1/2 tsp, minced
Soy Sauce – 1 Tbsp
Red Chili Flakes – 1/4 tsp or to taste
Rice Wine Vinegar – 1 tsp
Honey (or Sugar) – 1 tsp or to taste
Scallion (Green Onion) – 1, finely chopped
1. In a small bowl, soften Peanut Butter with Hot Water.
2. Mix in remain ingredients and mix until smooth.
3. Serve with Summer Rolls.
Check out the ShowMeThecurry YouTube Channel
Connect with us on Social Media:
How to make Vietnamese summer rolls, can you make vegetarian vegan summer rolls, asian side dishes, fresh summer rolls recipe, not fried appetizer rolls.