Bananas Foster is a scrumptious dessert that is usually made with bananas, brown sugar, butter and a bit of rum. See what a green chili and a little coconut milk can do in this Bananas Foster with a surprise twist recipe! Impress your holiday guests with a dessert that is fit for a gourmet restaurant but takes you under 10 minutes to prepare!
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 5-7 minutes
Banana – 1, ripe but firm (sliced thick at a diagonal)
Sugar – 2 Tbsp
Green Chili – 1 or to taste (slit)
Butter – 1 tsp
Rum – 2 Tbsp
Coconut Milk – 1/4 cup
Ice Cream – 2 to 4 scoops (vanilla or coffee works well)
1. Place Sugar and Green Chili in a heavy bottom skillet on medium heat.
2. Once Sugar starts to melt, muddle the chili to release flavor.
3. When most of the Sugar is melted, stir the mixture and continue to cook until the Sugar turns a nice caramel color (total process should take approx 5 minutes).
4. Add Butter and mix.
5. Add sliced Bananas and mix to evenly coat.
6. Add Rum and tilt the pan slightly over the flame so that the bananas catch the flame.
7. Once the flame dies down, add Coconut Milk and allow the sauce to thicken a bit (bananas should not get too mushy).
8. Pour Bananas and sauce over a scoop of ice cream and serve immediately.