Looking for fun appetizers? This Stuffed Mushrooms Appetizers steal the show. They are easy to make and as a one-bite-appetizer, they are one of our favorites. The texture of the Mushrooms with the softness of the cheese and the crunch of the bread-crumbs…absolute bliss.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Baby Portabella Mushrooms – 8 oz package
Goat Cheese – 2 oz
Cream Cheese – 2 oz
Salt – to taste
Black Pepper Powder – to taste
Red Chili Flakes – to taste
Olive Oil – 2 tsp
Garlic – 2-3 cloves, finely chopped
Italian Seasoning – 1/2 tsp
Panko Bread Crumbs – as needed
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (approx 205 degrees C)
2. Wash/wipe the Mushrooms clean of any dirt and debris.
3. Gently remove the stems of the Mushrooms and keep aside.
4. Lightly spray a baking dish with some Oil.
5. Place the Mushrooms, cavity side down, in the baking dish and bake for 10 minutes in the middle of the oven.
6. Meanwhile chop the Mushroom Stems very finely.
7. Mix Goat Cheese and Cream Cheese in a bowl and add Salt, Black Pepper and Red Chilli Flakes. Mix.
8. Once the Mushrooms are out of the oven, flip them over, sprinkle some Salt and allow them to cool.
9. Meanwhile in a skillet, heat Olive Oil.
10. Once hot, add Garlic, Italian Seasoning and chopped Mushroom Stems.
11. Cook until the Mushrooms Stems reduce and caramelize a bit.
12. Remove from the fire and allow them to cool.
13. Once cooled, add the Mushroom Stems to the Cheeses mixture.
14. Mix and incorporate well. Taste and adjust as needed.
15. Once the Mushrooms have cooled down, flip them once again and drain out all the moisture into another bowl.
16. Divide the Cheese mixture and stuff it gently into each of the cavities of the Mushrooms.
17. Turn them upside down and press them into the Panko Bread Crumbs and place them into the baking tray.
18. Put the baking dish back in the oven for 5 minutes and the on broil(high) for a couple of minutes till the top gets a light golden color.
19. Once out, sprinkle some Red Chili Flakes, allow them to cool for a few minutes and serve.
Stuffed Jalapenos Recipe variations:
1. Deseed the Jalapenos.
2. Bake the Jalapeno for 5 minutes instead of the 10 for the mushrooms.
3. Everything else remains the same.