Who does not like Paneer? And what better way to have Panir than this particular Paneer Bhurjee Recipe! We love the versatility of this dish, and as the name suggests, it can be had as a Subzi (side dish), or in a Naan / Chapati / Paratha roll or for breakfast, on a toast, use it as a filling for samosas…the list is endless and the options, priceless!
Scroll to the bottom for video
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Paneer – 14 ounce pkg, grated, crumbled in food processed (approx 4 cups)
Oil – 2 Tablespoons
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Onion – 1/2 large, finely chopped
Garlic – 3 cloves, minced
Ginger – 2″ pc., minced
Green Chilies – to taste, finely chopped
Tomatoes – 2 medium or 1 large, chopped
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Red Chili Powder – 1/2 teaspoon or to taste
Cumin Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Garam Masala – 1/4 teaspoon
Chaat Masala – 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander Powder – 1 teaspoon
Salt – to taste
Dried Fenugreek Leaves – 1 Tablespoon
Cilantro – 10 sprigs, finely chopped
Lime Juice – a squeeze
1. Heat Oil in a pan on medium heat.
2. Add Cumin Seeds and allow them to sizzle.
3. Add Onions, Ginger, Garlic and Green Chilis.
4. Sauté for 1-2 mins until Onions are translucent.
5. Add Tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes until Tomatoes are soft.
6. Add Cumin Powder, Red Chili Powder, Chaat Masala, Garam Masala, and Coriander Powder. Mix and cook for 1 minute.
7. With your palms, crush the Fenugreek Leaves and add to the Masala.
8. Add crumbled Paneer and Salt and mix until Paneer is well coated with the masala.
7. Cover and allow the Paneer to heat through (2-3 minutes).
8. Add in Cilantro and squeeze a dash of Lime Juice and mix.
9. Serve with Parathas, Chapatis or enjoy with a toast for breakfast!
Check out the ShowMeThecurry YouTube Channel
Connect with us on Social Media:
#paneerscramble # scrambledpaneer #paneerbhurji
How to make scrambled Paneer, how to make panir bhurji, home made paneer bhurji, make panir bhurji at home, scrambled paneer subzi