This is a recipe that we demonstarted on Y!live.
Try this wonderful and very flavorful burger and yup, it is a Portobello Mushroom. Have it with a bun and some garnishings or just by itself. Great for the summer BBQ parties or grill it in a ‘Lean Mean Cooking Machine” just for yourself.
Portobello Mushroom – 2, stalks removed
Dijon Mustard – 1 tbsp
Olive Oil – 2 tbsp
Balsamic Vinegar – 2 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Black Pepper – 1/4 tsp
Garlic Powder – 1/4 tsp
Italian Seasoning – 1/2 tsp
Green Chili – to taste (minced)
1. Wash the Portobello Mushrooms well and pat them dry with a paper towel.
2. In a Ziploc bag, add in all the rest of the ingredients.
3. Close the bag and mix everything well.
4. Add the Mushrooms into the bags and mix them gently withthe marinade.
5. Allow them to marinate for 30minutes in the refrigerator.
6. After 30 minutes, grill them on the BBQ, a Gorge Foreman or just on a skillet.
7. Cook on both sides till it gets a little caramelization. No additional oil needed.
8. Serve on a warm Burger bun with Mayo, Spinach/Iceberg lettuce or any ither garnishings.