Tuna Fish is packed with healthy goodness. This is what 1 serving has to offer:
1 gram of fat
20 grams of protein
Amazed? Here is a recipe to spruce it up and stay healthy.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Serves – 4
Tuna – 2, 6oz cans (packed in water)
Oil – 1 Tbsp
Onions – 1 medium, chopped
Ginger – 1 Tbsp, minced
Garlic – 1 Tbsp, minced
Tomatoes – 2 medium, chopped
Green Chilli – to taste
Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tsp or to taste
Tandoori Masala – 1 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1/2 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt – to taste
Cilantro – 15 sprigs, finely chopped
Lime/Lemon Juice – 1 Tbsp or to taste
1. Heat the Oil on medium flame in a wok-type pan.
2. Once hot, add in the Onions and allow them to get translucent.
3. Once done, add in the Ginger, Garlic and the Green Chillies.
4. Allow it to some more till the Onions get some color on them.
5. Reduce flame and add in the Turmeric Powder, Coriander Powder, Cumin Powder, Red Chili Powder and the Tandoori Masala.
6. Mix well and cook for 30-40 seconds.
7. Add in Tomatoes.
8. Add in the Tuna, which has been drained and squeezed. Open it up with a fork or fingers.
9. Mix and add salt.
10. Cover and cook for 5 min, allow the Tuna to get hot and the Tomatoes to soften up a bit.
11. Stir in between.
12. Add in the Cilantro and Lime/Lemon Juice and mix well.
13. Serve hot with Chapatis, Parathas or Nan.
1. This is a great item for stuff in different things, from sandwiches to Parathas.