Wholesome and hearty, tasty and flavorful Refried Beans can make the dish! An essential part of a Mexican meal, it is used in a lot of different dishes – Enchiladas, Tacos, 7-Layer Dip, Nachos… only to name a few. Great way to add in the proteins to your diet. Enjoy a great addition to our Mexican Cuisine.
Canned Refried Beans – 2, 16 oz cans
Oil – 2 tbsp
Onions – 1 medium, chopped
Green Chillies – to taste, finely chopped
Taco Seasoning – 1 tbsp
Water – 1/4 cup or as needed
Salt – to taste
Lemon/Lime juice – to taste
1. In a pan, heat Oil on medium heat.
2. Once hot, add in the Onions and the Green Chillies.
3. Cook till the Onions get a little color.
4. Add in the Taco Seasoning and mix.
5. Add a little Water to avoid the spices from burning and cook.
6. Add in the Beans and mix well.
7. Add in Salt and Lime/Lemon Juice and bring to boil.
8. Once it comes to a boil, take it off the flame and it’s ready to serve.