Chinese Noodles are yet another stop in our Indo-Chinese flavor adventure. Requiring minimal cooking time, these noodles are a quick and easy answer to “What’s for dinner tonight?”. Try this delicious stand alone meal.
Serves – 6 to 8
Noodles – 16oz pkt (approx 500 gm), cooked per pkg instructions (al dente)
Sesame Oil – 1 Tbsp
Oil – 2 Tbsp
Garlic – 1 Tbsp, minced
Ginger – 1 Tbsp, minced
Onion – 1 small, sliced
Carrot – 1 large, cut into matchsticks
Cabbage – 1.5 cups packed, shredded
Bell Pepper – 1/2 large, cut into strips
Baby Corn – 8, cut
Egg – 1 (optional)
Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp or to taste
Soy Sauce – 2 Tbsp or to taste
White Vinegar – 1 Tbsp
Hosin Sauce or any Chinese Sauce – to taste
Red Chilli Sauce (Sambal) – to taste
Green Onions – 2 stalks, cut diagonally – for garnishing
1. Cook noodles per package instructions (usually 3-4 minutes), drain, rinse with cold water and toss with 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil. Keep aside.
2. Heat 2 Tbsp Oil in a large wok style pan on HIGH heat.
3. Add Ginger and Garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
4. Add Onions and cook for 30 seconds.
5. Add Carrots and allow them to soften just a little.
6. Add Cabbage, Bell Pepper and Baby Corn. Toss well and cook for 1 minute.
7. Push veggies to one side of wok and break an egg in the pan.
8. Scramble the egg until cooked and mix together with the veggies.
9. Add Black Pepper and mix.
10. Toss Noodles once before adding them to the pan.
11. Add White Vinegar, Soy Sauce, Hoisin Sauce and Red Chili Sauce. Mix well to coat all noodles.
12. Taste and adjust any of the sauces.
13. Garnish with Green Onions and serve hot.