The holiday season is upon us and there is no better time than now to add some delicious dessert recipes to your arsenal. Try this delicious home made Double Chocolate Brownies recipe and add some love to your holiday spread.
Eggs – 3 large
Sugar – 1 3/4 cup
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Vanilla Extract – 2 tsp
Unsweetened Chocolate – 5 oz, chopped finely
Unsalted Butter – 1 1/2 cup
All Purpose Flour – 1 1/3 cup
Chocolate Chips – 1/2 cup
Method: Preheat oven to 350 F and grease an 8×8 inch pan
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together Eggs, Sugar, Salt and Vanilla Extract until smooth.
2. Add a little water in a medium pot and allow it to simmer on the stove.
3. In a separate bowl (that fits on top of the pot to create a double boiler), add Chocolate and Butter. Place bowl on the pot of simmering water and allow it to sit for one minute.
4. Once Chocolate and Butter appear to be melting, keep whisking until a smooth sauce forms and no lumps are visible.
5. Remove bowl from the double boiler and allow chocolate sauce to cool slightly.
6. Mix chocolate sauce into the whisked eggs and sugar mixture.
7. Add in All Purpose flour, a little at a time, and gently whisk in until well incorporated.
8. Using a spatula, fold in Chocolate Chips.
9. Pour batter into a greased 8×8 inch pan and tap until batter spreads to all corners.
10. Bake 30-35 minutes.
11. Cool completely before cutting.