Submitted by: Meenakshi Sharma
1 cup Urad Dal
1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
1 pinch of Hing (Asofoetida)
1/4 teaspoon of Haldi (Turmeric)
Salt to taste
2 cups All Purpose Flour (Maida)
Oil for frying
1/4 Aijwain seeds (Carom or Bishopsweed)
1/4 Ginger grated
1. Soak urad dal for about 2 hr in cold water.
2. Grind to a paste without adding too much water.
3. Now put oil in a pan and add cumin seeds and hing.
4. Add grated ginger fry.
5. Then add paste urad dal, salt and haldi powder. Cook well till it changes color to light brown.
6. Take it off the flame.
7. Let it cool for about 10 min
8. Now make a dough by adding Salt, Hing, Ajwain and little bit of oil in flour. not soft dough like a chapati dough or not too hard.
9. Take the urad filling and fill the dough in a dough ball and now roll the ball in the shape of round like a puri.
10.Deep fry till it slightly red in color.
11. Serve hot with any kind of gravy vegetable.