Submitted by: Vaishali
1 Cup whole green moong dal
1 green chilli
1 cm piece ginger
1/2 cup cilantro (coriander)
A pinch of hing (asafoetida)
Salt to taste
1. Onions finely chopped to add over the pancake (optional) and keep aside for later.
2. Soak green moong dal for about 5 hrs or best overnight.
3. Grind with all the ingredients to a smooth dosa like batter with some water.
4. Make dosas/pancakes and add some finely chopped onions over the pancake.
5. Once you see the other side golden brown, flip over carefully and cook for a couple of minutes on the other side as well.
6. Serve hot with chutney or chutney powder mixed with some sesame oil! Enjoy the healthy snack.
ShowMeTheCurry Notes: Thanks Vaishali, for this awesome and super healthy snack. We loved it. This dish is a close cousin to Adai, so you can check the video on that to see how the Dosa/Dosai is made. Another tip – put the chopped onions, it ads a wonderful crunch to the Pesarettu.